Tooth Extraction is a necessary procedure to protect the health of your teeth. We at Edgebrook Dental strive to offer top-quality dental services that are cost-effective. We are equipped with experienced dentists and cutting-edge technology to provide easy and effective tooth extractions.
What is Tooth Extraction?
Tooth Extraction, also known as tooth extraction, is the process of removing teeth from their bone socket.
When is Need for Tooth Extraction?
The extraction of a tooth can be required for many reasons. Some of them are:
- If a damaged or broken tooth isn't fixed, it can be repaired with crowns, fillings, or any other type of treatment.
- If a loose tooth can't be saved, it is a sign of a tooth that has lost its.
- If extra teeth prevent other teeth from entering.
- If milk teeth do not fall out at the right time, permanent teeth can move in.
- While fixing braces, certain teeth might need to be removed to accommodate other teeth.
- If radiation is being emitted to the neck or head, teeth exposed to radiation might need to be removed.
- If teeth become infected by cancer medications or organ transplant procedures.
- Wisdom teeth are decay-causing pain or getting infected.
What happens during Tooth Extraction?
Here at Edgebrook Dental, our experienced dentists will be patient with you through removing your tooth. The first step is to take an X-ray of the area to ensure your dentist can decide the most effective method to remove the tooth. The dentist will then examine your medical and dental background in depth. Be sure to inform your dentist about all medications you take for treatment, including prescription and over-the-counter medications, supplements, and vitamins.
During the procedure, you could receive IV (IV) anesthesia. It is recommended to wear a shirt with sleeves that are short or which can be easily rolled to ensure that the IV is quickly put into the vein. Suppose you experience any discomfort during the day of the surgery or the previous day, please not hesitate to inform your dentist. They may need to alter the appointment.
Simple Tooth Extractions: Most extractions are easy. The dentist will loosen the tooth using an elevator instrument, and then they will use a forceps tool to extract the tooth.
Surgical Tooth Extraction: Is procedure is more complicated and usually performed by dental surgeons. It's done where the tooth has broken off near the gum line or isn't in the mouth yet.
If you had a tooth extraction, You might feel some pressure, but there is no pain. If you experience any discomfort or pinching, notify your dentist right away. If you feel mild discomfort or pain, painkillers may be prescribed. Consume cool and soft foods and stay away from smoking for a few days.
In Edgebrook Dental, we offer high-quality dental services and unrivaled hospitality. Our highly experienced dentists scan various areas of expertise, including endodontics, pedodontics orthodontics, and dentists. Our expertise is supported by our modern infrastructure that guarantees that the procedure for removing your tooth is as easy as possible.